Saturday, October 8, 2011

Christmas is Around the Corner

So here's a fun tradition that was started in my days in Placentia and I have decided to continue on wherever I live.  A few of my lady-friends that I had worked with on different church projects.  It was a FUN group of women but I find this activity is also a great way to get to know ladies in your area.  Basically all I do is organize a potluck that is an Ugly Ornament Exchange.  Everyone hunts for an ornament they deem ugliest and wrap it and we do a white elephant/stealing exchange.  It's fun and most of the ornaments make a good conversation piece on your Christmas tree.  The photo is of the first ornament I ever got and I LOVE it.  She's missing bells and completely quirky but most of all, I have great memories of the night I acquired her.  And isn't that really what holiday traditions are all about?